Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My Mania

Ok, WrestleMania is around the corner, so I thought I'd run down the card that I wouldn't mind seeing. I'll include notes on the build-up.

World Heavyweight Title Match:
Batista (c) vs. The Undertaker

WWE Title Match - Fatal 4-Way:
John Cena (c) vs Shawn Michaels vs. Edge vs. Randy Orton
(I still think this should happen, at the very least to protect Cena from getting booed out of the building.)

ECW Title Match - Extreme Rules Match:
Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Cactus Jack
(You know how I feel about this one. It should happen.)

Mr. Kennedy vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
(A classic star-maker match. Kennedy's ready and Austin has a movie coming out. If he's physically capable, I'd say pull the trigger. Hell, I wouldn't even mind this being the Trump/McMahon "hair vs. hair" match)

Unified Tag Team Titles - TLC Match:
World's Greatest Tag Team (c) vs. London and Kendrick(c) vs. The Hardys
(I'd have WGTT take the titles from Cena and Michaels to represent RAW on this one. I like the idea of one set of tag team champions defending on all three shows. Plus, these three teams could really goooooooo).

Career vs. Career Match:
"Nature Boy" Ric Flair vs. Carlito
(The current storyline's extreme conclusion - tired of having his dedication questioned, Carlito takes the bigger risk by putting his young career on the line against a man with nothing to lose. Another star-maker match).

Money In The Bank - Tap-out Challenge:
Chris Benoit vs. CM Punk vs. The Masterpiece vs. King Booker vs. Hardcore Holly vs. Johnny Nitro
(Since there's another ladder match on the show, why not have a different kind of MITB? It's simple - you tap out, you're out. The last man who doesn't tap wins.)

10-Man Extreme Rules Match:
The ECW Originals (Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Ballz Mahoney, Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman) vs. The New Breed (Elijah Burke, Marcus Cor Von, Matt Striker, Kevin Thorne and Snitsky)

Motor City Monsters Match:
Kane and the BoogeyMan vs. Umaga and The Great Khali
(Keep in mind I have no idea what a "Motor City Monsters Match" is - just some gimmick match that lets these four freaks go at it. Special referee: Vader?)

Intercontinental Title Match:
Kenny Dykstra(c) vs. Super Crazy
Special Guest Referee: Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
(Obviously, Kenny would have to steal the title from Jeff Hardy first. I like having Steamboat involved, as it's the 20th anniversary of WrestleMania III - the greatest I-C championship match of all time).

United States Title Match:
MVP(c) vs. Rey Mysterio
(Again, MVP would have to take the title from Benoit. I'm not sure if Mysterio is going to be ready by Mania, but the Smackdown promos say he'll be back in 2 weeks. If he can't go, I'd put in a face Gregory Helms. It's time - maybe for a return of The Hurricane? Hmmmm?)

That's my card. I'd buy that, damn it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home