Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I'm famous!

Well, not really - but I did get my ECW Lashley-Cactus Jack story into the Fink's Payload (a reader-submitted fantasy booking column) over at 411 wrestling the other day. Hip hip!

While I appreciate the guys printing my ideas, I was baffled at their responses:

Matt: Well…The Vince McMahon edition of ECW would, on the surface, seem to mean this would be impossible to pull off. But it could happen. Turn the Vampires (like making people cheer Ariel would be hard) or maybe Stevie and that gives Burke an outlet. And Vince would like this since it pushes Lashley.

Nick: I like the whole story leading up to the culmination. I'm not really high on all of that leading to Cactus getting the world title shot. I'm not sure where I would go with it, and while Cactus could lead Lashley to a good hardcore match, it all leading up to Mick returning to wrestle rather than just being the mastermind doesn't sit well with me. I'd probably just put Tommy in the spot and let it become just an out of control brawl with everyone involved in the feud running in, ending with Punk turning on Lashley, and more importantly, Van Dam. Dreamer would end up with the belt, and Punk would have a feud with Van Dam. Dreamer would turn face with the belt in a little bit, and then Punk could go after him as a heel.

Huh. Really? You have a hard time with a genuine legend and main eventer Mick Foley fighting for a world title at WrestleMania? And would go with Tommy Dreamer - a jobber to the stars? And make him world champion? At WrestleMania? Reeeeeeally?

I honestly get baffled at other wrestling fans' views, especially the internet wrestling community. On what planet does Tommy Dreamer main event WrestleMania? No offense to Dreamer - I think he can be useful in a certain role, such as the leader of the Tribe of Extreme. But some people really think that someone like Tommy Dreamer or Finlay or Stevie Richards - all talented workers, by the way - are going to carry a company on their shoulders?

The main event of WrestleMania is exactly that - the main event. Main eventers are in the main event. Like him or not, Lashley is the main event of ECW. His opponent is going to be of main event caliber.

You know, like Test or Gene Snitsky. Eesh... maybe Tommy Dreamer should carry the company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home