Friday, August 11, 2006

BJ Boston Wrestling... What the World is Watching!

Welcome to just what you've been waiting for - another blog about pro wrestling! Right? Right? Kick ass!

While there's a dirth of pro wrestling writing on the ol' interweb, I felt the overwhelming need to contribute because, well... I have very important thoughts on this extremely important subject. For instance:

- Why would the ECW braintrust give a stripper gimmick to Kelly Kelly, a lovely young lady who has unfortunately seems to have never even been introduced to her hips? How hard is it for a woman that beautiful to dance sexy on a stage? It's not that hard, girl. I've seen Worcester crank addicts who can pull it off.

- I would rather watch a promo war between Mick Foley and Ric Flair than the next presidential debate. Is that wrong? I can't help it - I'm captivated. It matters more to me than anything that's happening in my own actual life. What does that say about me as an American?

- I've grown to tolerate it for nostalgia and the fact that everyone seems to be into it, but how many more summers am I supposed to watch Hulk Hogan hobble around the ring? I never got the appeal. Sorry.

- A little friendly wager: how many seconds after the Diva search ends before The Miz gets his pink slip? My money's on 4.2, unless he times it so that Johnny Ace is taking a crap right as he gets off stage. Then? 5.8. Johnny Ace is a notoriously quick shitter.

- You know who I miss? D-Lo Brown. On one side, he crippled a guy. But on the other side, he had some CLASSIC facial expressions. Maybe we could compromise - he comes back, but only wrestles guys who are probably going to die soon anyway (Jake Roberts, I'm looking in your general direction).

- I'm starting to come around on TNA, but having guys like Jeff Jarrett, Scott Steiner and Christian Cage dominate the main event scene just sends the message: our world champion couldn't make it in the big time.

- After watching last season's version of The Surreal Life, I've got to ask the question: is there a nicer guy in the world that Maven? Man, he came off great on that show. What a likeable guy. Re-sign him, E!

- The internet wrestling community (uh.. the IWC, I guess) is pretty easy to rile up. Just mention that Samoa Joe needs to do a few ab crunches. They run to that guy's defense like Siegfried throws his body between Roy and a tiger.

- Right now, my favorite wrestling writer is Ken Anderson over at 411wrestling. He's smart, usually pretty positive and seems to be having fun. It's what I hope to do with this little spot on the old world wide net.

Time will tell how this goes - since wrestling is on a whopping four (FOUR!) nights a week and I actually have something resembling a life, I probably won't be your best source for steady reviews, updates or up-to-the-minute news. Still - hopefully we'll have some fun and bring the ruckus. It'll probably be a while before this train starts really rolling, but feel free to hit me with your thoughts at bjboston@gmail.com. Welcome aboard, fans.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mick Foley RUULES!

1:04 PM  
Blogger BJ Boston said...

Mick Foley RUULES!

He sure does, sir. He sure does.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home